Our fee for Trademark registration in India shall be:
A) Attorney fee US$200
B) ACTUAL Trademark Office fee of US$75 for an individual applicant OR US$150 for a firm as an applicant.
The official filing fee for ONE mark in ONE class is:
|Applicant Type||Indian Rupees||US$|
|Individual/Start Up Firm||4500||75|
|Large Firm/Foreign Firm||9000||150|
Our Attorney fee for handling a Trademark in India:
|Consultation charges per hour or part thereof||6000||100|
|Search of Trademark Database||1500||30|
|Attorney fee for filing an application for Trademark||10000||200|
|Amendment of application due to objections||5000||100|
|Attending to serious objections at the Trademark office/hearing||9000||150|
|Alternatively – Fixed one time ATTORNEY fee for filing & prosecution of application till registration||24000||400|
The above fee would be applicable for an application which does not face a third party opposition. Opposition proceedings are uncertain in degree and complexity, so a fee for these can not be predicted.
Our quotation for handling trademark matters in India:
Before filing an application for Trade Mark, we suggest a search of the Trade Mark database to confirm that the name is available.
The attorney fee to handle EACH mark in EACH class would be (L) US$200. A search for up to FIVE names, given together, would be (S) US$ 30. Once the name is available, the application is to be filed.
The Official filing fee for trademark registration in India for EACH mark in EACH class is (O) US$ 75 for an Individual/Small Firm OR US$150 for a Large Firm.
There shall be NO further fee till registration unless there is an OPPOSITION or a HEARING. The fees for attending a HEARING shall be US$100 and for responding to opposition shall be US$ 300 for each opposition.
Once we get an notification of registration from the Trademark office then attending to getting the certificate, handling and postage fees would be (R) US$ 150. This fee shall remain US$ 150 irrespective of the number of classes.
Claiming priority would cost an additional US$75.
There is NO yearly renewal fee for first TEN years.
Alternatively we offer you an option of paying a total of (A) US$400 as professional fee for prosecuting the case up to registration. In this option we commit ourselves to prosecute the application at the Trademark office till registration for a fix one time fee of US$400 and thereby protect you from making any unforeseen payment (For a case which does not face a third party opposition).
Thus the two options are:
1. Attorney fee for filing (L) US$200 + Actual Trademark Office fee + Action based fee for prosecuting the application till grant/final disposal of the case.
2. ONE time FLAT Attorney fee of (A) US$400 + Actual Trademark Office fee + NO further fees for prosecuting the case till grant/final disposal of the case (Recommended).
It usually takes 30 months to get a registration, in the meantime you are permitted to write a small TM besides the mark.
We would need the following:
1. Name + address of the applicant.
2. The list of goods and services to be filed.
3. The mark in PDF/JPG format.
4. The date of the earliest use of the mark and the place where this usage started along with a copy of any document which can be used as evidence of such usage.
5. The copies of registration certificate/pending extract from earliest filed other countries. This will help to establish the date of earliest usage.
You may directly call on +91.9860588440 or write mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and discussions.
Written by Mahesh Bhagnari, Patent & Trademark Attorney in India.